These stuffed bell peppers were one of my long awaited dish.And one fine day in my experimental spree, I opened my refrigerator and gathered my favorite ingredients and wanted to make the stuffed bell peppers before these petite bell peppers are either spoiled or consumed in any other form(I always have 10 different ways to eat bell pepper,love them). Of course I searched in Internet and as expected I didn't find all the ingredients at home the recipes called for , then decided just listen to my instinct and voila the resulting dish won Shaan's heart. We enjoyed these beauties , they were wholesome dish. The stuffing are upto the individual taste .
here is what I used :
- Red or Orange or Yellow Bell peppers - 4(Smaller ones are good for this dish)
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Onion(finely chopped) - 2 tb sp
- Zucchini(Shredded) - 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese(Shredded) - 1/2 cup
- Sweet corn - 1 cup
- Cooked Rice - 1/2 cup
- Garlic(Finely chopped) - 2 tb sp
- Portobello mushrooms(Chopped) - 1 cup
- Tomatoes(Chopped) - 3 tb sp
- Green Onion(Chopped) - 3 tb sp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
1. Wash and pat dry the bell peppers.Chop a thin section of the bell peppers so that they sit comfortably
2. Cut the tops off the peppers and remove all the seeds from inside and toss them on the pan with a tea
spoon of vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes and keep them in aside in the baking dish.
3. Next step is to prepare the stuffing. The Stuffing has as may options as you can think of, you can do
with meat or vegetables.Here I tried with all the veggies.
4. Start with a a table spoon of vegetable oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds then add chopped onions.
Once Onions are soft add Shredded Zucchini.Cook it for a minute then add the chopped tomatoes and
5. Cook them for 5 minutes add garlic, then add the shredded mozzarella,sweet corn and cooked rice.
Mix in and cook for another 2 minutes. then add the garam masala and chopped green onions to the
mixture and the stuffing is ready.
6. Now stuff the bell peppers, after the peppers are full, put the tops back on.
7. Cover the entire baking dish with aluminum foil and throw the dish into the over for 30 minutes in to
350F Preheated oven .
8. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Make sure the peppers are tender, but not falling apart.
Thanks for visiting and I would love to hear from you if you liked your stay here.
Happy cooking and cheers.