I'm still in my nostalgic moments of a month of pampering at home. I admit I'm spoiled and lazy now and watch out for every possible chance to skip my favorite time spent in my cozy kitchen. Today's post is definitely healthy and a quick snack/brunch/breakfast,,, :),Avocado sandwich, basically whenever you are hungry and want a quick healthy fix you can go for it. Avocado was pretty foreign food for me until Martha(my colleague) introduced me to avocado over our lunch table. From then I'm just hooked to avocados. Now I eat at least 2 avocados every week. So I have different ways to eat although I love to eat avocados with a dash of salt on it. So here comes the recipe of the avocado sandwich.
1.Small avocado -1
2. Chopped tomatoes - 1 tsp
3. Chopped onion - 1 tsp
4. Green chilly - 1 (optional)
5. Coriander leaves/ Cilantro - 1 tsp
6. Salt - a pinch
7. Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
8. Lemon juice- 1 tsp
1. Cut the avocado in halves ,take out the pit and scoop out the flesh in a bowl.Take a fork and mash the avocado(if the avocado is perfectly ripen then it will get mashed easily).
2. Then Add the chopped onion,tomatoes,green chillies,cilantro ,salt,lemon juice and cumin powder and mix well. The filling is ready now.
3. Now cut the crust of the bread out(I just take them out for cosmetic purpose) and spread the avocado mixture evenly in a generously thick layer in one slice and top with the other slice.
4. Sandwich is ready at this point but if you want it as a finger food in party then cut into smaller cubes,makes a cute healthy appetizer.