Stuffed Mushroom is one great finger food to serve for any cocktail parties. It is tastes awesome and is good if you have some vegetarian guests around. One evening I just mixed all the ingredients together which I love such as bell peppers,celery(because of the health benefits I love to add this wherever I can specially my husband doesn't eat celery as such so I try to disguise it as much as possible and strangely he loves them :) ),Mozzarella cheese,garlic...etc and it came out real good.Got a great review from my extremely choosy husband.And we love to eat each mushroom in a bite so I specially love the smaller ones.
Here goes the recipe:
For this recipe all the veggies are finely chopped, so that you get each veggie in each bite which makes it very flavourful.
1. Button mushrooms - 15 nos
2. Celery - 1 tb sp(finely chopped )
3. Garlic - 1 tb sp(finely chopped)
4. Green Bell Pepper - 2 tb sp (finely chopped)
5. Orange bell pepper - 2 tb sp (finely chopped)
6. Onion -4 tb sp (finely chopped )
7. Mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup(Shredded)
8. Parmesan cheese - few pinches
9. Olive oil - 1.5 t sp
10. Dry Oregano -1/2 tsp(optional)
11. Salt - to taste
2. Chop the stem finely and keep all the finely veggies and preheat the oven.
3. Now heat the pan and add 1/ t sp Olive oil and place the de-stemmed mushrooms on the hot pan for 3-
4 minutes.Take them out and keep aside.
4. Add the rest 1 t sp Olive oil to the pan and throw in the onion,then celery's , when these ingredients
are little cooked(not browned) add the chopped mushroom stalks.When Mushrooms are cooked for
about 3 minutes,,add garlic and finally add the bell peppers at the end so that they remain crunchy.
5. Finally add 2 tb sp grated mozzarella cheese and turn off the heat.Give it a quick mix and now the
stuffing is ready.
6. Take the Mushrooms and fill in the Stuffing.(Here if you divide the stuffing as per your number of
mushrooms it will be easy )
7. Now these mushrooms go to the pre heated oven for 10 minutes on 350 degree Celsius.After 10 minutes
take them out and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top of each
mushroom.And then goes back to oven for 5 more minutes in broil mode.
8. Now the tasty stuffed mushrooms are ready to serve.
The beauty of this dish is the stuffing options are numerous and just go by your instinct you will find something very new with every other option.