This Sweet and Sour Shrimp, I got this dish from my dear husband. When we want some thing to be prepared quickly precisely within 10-15 mins of preparation time ,he always makes this one .Whether we have some fresh srimp or the pre-cooked one.. it always comes out to be titillating..I'm sure it would titillate your tastebuds aswell.This dish makes an amazing apetizer. This weekend I took the baton from him and prepared the dish ,,,ooooo gosh,,,when you eat,an explosion happens in your mouth for sure...so gotta try this one.It is a perfect balance of sweet, sour and hot,,pretty much little bit of every taste amalgamated to tickle your tastebud.....and the best part is it is very easy and quick with very few ingredients..
Here goes the recipe:
1. Shrimp -- 1 lb
2. Turmeric powder -- 1/4 tsp
3. Tamarind pulp -- 1 tb sp
4. Cumin Powder --1 tbsp
5. Sugar --1 tbsp
6. Red chilly powder --1/4 tsp(if you like more hot you can add more)
7. Salt -- as per your taste
8. Oil -- 1 tsp
1. The first step is to clean and devein the shrimps. Best is to use the fresh shrimp than the commonly available cooked shrimps in the superstores.If you don't want to get into cleaning the fresh shrimps the cooked one will also not dissapoint you.
2.After cleaning the shrimp ,marinate them with turmeric and salt and keep it aside while you prepare the tamarind paste.
3. Soak the tamarind pulp in water for 10-15 minutes and then squueze the pulp and take out all the juice.
4. Add cumim powder,red chilly powder,sugar,salt to the tamarind juice and keep the mixture aside.Here do a quick taste of the mixture and adjust the salt,sugar accordingly.
5. Now in a non stick pan add oil,when the oil is hot add the marinated shrimp and cook for a minutes or so .When the shrimp changes colour(don't over cook the shrimp) pour in the tamarind spice mixture and saute for couple more minutes until it gets dry or thick gravy .
Now it is ready to serve and enjoy and yes dont forget to scrap me how it turned out.